Playing Field – Covid-19
In accordance with current Government Advice the Playing Field will be open from 4th July 2020. The risk from Covid-19 remains and so anyone using the playing field is required to comply with the following conditions
• Do not come to the Playing Filed if you or any family member is displaying symptoms of the virus
• Leave the access gates open and avoid touching them
• Before using the Equipment please use the hand sanitiser provided
• After using the play equipment use the hand sanitiser provided
• Maintain 2m social distancing from anyone outside of your immediate family
• Wash your hands at home.
The village playing field is the responsibility of the Parish Council who organise and manage the upkeep. Additional funding is kindly donated from the proceeds of the 100 Club.
The playing field is situated behind the Rookery and is accessed via a footpath running alongside the houses. It provides a quiet, safe location for children to play away from the road.
There are two full size netted football goals on a roughly quarter size pitch. There are swings, climbing frames a slide and other child friendly equipment. There are two stone benches that give lovely views across the valley.
To mark the occasion of Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee, the village planted a small oak tree sapling at one end of the playing field. The field is used as a focal point for outdoor village events.